I woke up kind of moody this morning, stumping around the house trying to get my rebellious six-year-old ready for school while trying not to wake up the baby. I was tired. I went to bed late and the girls woke me up several times in the middle of the night. All of a sudden I got very annoyed at my husband who was restfully sleeping without a care in the world. I thought, "It must be nice to be able to sleep through whining and babies crying knowing that someone else has the situation under control!!"
|Hubby Holding the Diaper Bag :o)|
And then I stopped myself right there. I thought back to Romans 12:2 which says, "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." I redirected my thoughts to the good things my husband does and why I am so thankful to have him.
1. He does the laundry and washes the dishes. Almost always, he washes and folds all of our clothes, including mine.
2. He has never yelled at me nor disrespected me in any way.
3. He will gladly watch the girls for me so that I can do whatever I need to do. Even if he is sleeping, if I ask, he will give me a hand.
4. He volunteers to cook (although I never take him up on this because otherwise we would be having Hamburger Helper or cereal every night).
5. He takes care of the regular chores like cutting the grass, taking out the trash, caring for the dogs, and will help with whatever else I may pile on his to-do list.
6. He does not pressure me to cook or keep the house clean. He does exactly the opposite, offering to order out or go get us something so I can have an evening off. Or he will urge me to take a nap or he will volunteer to watch the girls so I can run off and do my thing.
7. He always gets me a "spa day" on my Birthday. He knows I am a workaholic so someway, somehow he will get me to put my feet up and let myself be pampered.
8. He puts up with my moodiness. And I get very moody.
9. He is an amazing father. He is there for his girls and involved in every aspect of their lives.
10. He is a Marine.
Even though my husband is pretty darn special, I know there are some other great husbands out there. If you are blessed to have "one of the good ones," give him a kiss and say "thank you."
If you liked this article, please be so kind to share it! Thanks!
Labels: Christianity, My Familty